The Summiteers Program at Alpine Meadows is a season long ski program for ages 3-13 focusing on skill development, mountain safety, mileage and fun! Kids will ski with the same coach all season and develop camaraderie amongst their fellow skiers.
|Sunday Camp||4-6||9am-2:30pm||Jan. 11-Mar. 29, 2015
No camp 1/18, 2/15 & 2/22
|Sunday Camp*||7-13||9am-2:30pm||Jan. 11-Mar. 29, 2015
No camp 1/18, 2/15 & 2/22
|Thursday Morning Camp||3-4||9:30am-12pm||Jan. 8-Mar. 19, 2015
No camp Feb. 19
|Thursday Afternoon Camp||5-8||1:15-3:45pm||Jan. 8-Mar. 19, 2015
No camp Feb. 19
|Thursday Afternoon Camp with lift tickets||5-8||1:15-3:45pm||Jan. 8-Mar. 19, 2015
No camp Feb. 19
* For intermediate to advanced skiers only
Summiteers programs have started for the season. Please check back this spring for 2015-16 information or email email@example.com for information or questions.
- Space is limited and the program is very popular so if you are interested please register early.
- Rate does not include season pass or lift tickets.
|Program||Ages||Drop Off Time||Pick Up Time|
|Sunday All Day||4-13||8:45am leave promptly at 9am||2:30pm|
|Thursday Morning||3-4||9:15am leave promptly at 9:30am||12pm|
|Thursday Afternoon||5-8||1pm leave promptly at 1:15pm||3:45pm|
- Sunday groups meet outside on the snow underneath the Alpine Meadows Ski & Snowboard School Sign, located to the left of Alpine Kids Camp
- Thursday groups meet outside on the snow above the Kids Camp magic carpet
- Each week children meet their coach at designated locations and say good-bye to their parents. Groups leave promptly at designated times. However if you are late instructors take one run and return to the meeting area to pick up any latecomers. It is very important for attendance to be consistent or your child may have to move groups accordingly or be dropped from the program.
- Sunday Summiteers will need to drop their lunch in an assigned bin. Lunches are taken between 11am and 12:15pm and are split between two locations, Kids Camp and the Mountaineers Room.
- Must be 3 years old as of December 1, 2014, for Thursday AM program. Must be 5 years old as of December 1, 2014 for Wednesday PM program. And must be 4 by December 1, 2014 for Sunday program. No exceptions. A copy of the child’s birth certificate may be required.
- Skiers must be able to leave their parents and be ready to ski without their parents.
- Parents must be comfortable that their children may ride chairlifts alone, with other children, or adults.
- Use of leash or edgie-wedgie or other training aides is not permitted.
- Helmets and eye protection are required for all camp members.
- Please read our chairlift riding policy and review the chairlift safety video.
- There are no make up days if a program cancels due to weather.
Students will need to bring their lunch in a disposable bag and will not be able to go to the cafeteria to purchase food. Make sure you clearly label the lunch with a first and last name. Please take into consideration our lunch room is small, which limits parent visitation. Alpine Kids is not responsible for lunch boxes and we cannot return them at the end of the day. If your child has special dietary needs for their lunchbox, please speak with a supervisor.
The first day and a half is spent getting children into the appropriate groups, which is based on age and ability level. For the remainder of the season, children stay with their designated group. If the coaches and supervisors see a need to adjust a child’s placement, we will move them as necessary. It is very important for attendance to be consistent or your child may have to move groups accordingly or be dropped from the program. Coaches are focused on building technique using appropriate terrain to develop abilities in anticipation of more challenging terrain. Our focus is on skill, using all mountain terrain. Ages 7-12 must be skiing at an intermediate to advanced level.
Chairlift Riding Policy
Be advised that your child may be riding lifts alone or with other children or adults, while enrolled in these programs. Please review the most recent Children’s Chairlift Code of Conduct, and help us to train your child to understand the importance of sitting back, holding on, and no fooling around, while on a lift. Please review our chairlift riding policies
We will run regardless of weather conditions 99% of the time. It is very rare for us to cancel the program due to weather, however, if we need to cancel, we will determine a plan of action that morning. An email will be sent out as late as 8:30am, regarding any changes. Please do not call the supervisor’s office as they have on-hill duties.
It is your responsibility to participate in the days designated for the program. We do not offer makeup days or drop-ins, and you may only participate on the day and time you registered for.
All students must have the following: eye protection, helmet, pass, sunscreen, gloves or mittens, skis and boots, and appropriate snow clothing. Snacks are not provided, so please send a snack in a pocket.
Tips to make your day go smoothly...
- Arrive within the 15 minute drop off time with boots, skis and pass. Be ready to go!
- Sundays are busier than most think, please leave early in anticipation for traffic and parking delays.
- Plan ahead for picking up your pass and rental gear (if you need it).
- Feed your child a healthy breakfast and/or lunch.
- Include a snack in your child’s pocket. Snacks are not provided.
- Remind your child to stay with their group at all times.