The Summiteers Program at Alpine Meadows is a non-competitive, season long ski program focusing on skill development, mountain safety, mileage and fun! Kids will ski with the same group all season and develop camaraderie amongst their fellow skiers.
Identical to Summiteers, we offer Mountain Camp at Squaw Valley on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
|Saturday Camp (FULL)***||4-6||9am-2:30pm||January 20 - March 24, 2018|
No camp 2/17, 2/14
|Saturday Camp* (FULL)***||7-13||9am-2:30pm||January 20 - March 24, 2018|
No camp 2/17, 2/14
|Sunday Camp||4-6||9am-2:30pm||January 21 - March 25, 2018|
No Camp 2/18, 2/25
|Sunday Camp*||7-13||9am-2:30pm||January 21 - March 25, 2018|
No camp 2/18, 2/25
|Thursday Morning Camp||3-4||9:30am-12pm||January 18 - March 22, 2018|
No camp 2/22
|Thursday Afternoon Camp||5-10||1:15-3:45pm||January 18 - March 22, 2018|
No camp 2/2
* For intermediate to advanced skiers only
** Season pass is required and not included in Summiteers price. Deadline for full refund of Mountain Camp programs is Friday, October 13, 2017.
***Saturday Summiteers if FULL. Please email email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist with your child's name, age and ski ability level.
- Must be 3 years old as of December 1, 2017, for Thursday AM program. Must be 5 years old as of December 1, 2017 for Thursday PM program. And must be 4 by December 1, 2017 for Saturday & Sunday program. No exceptions. A copy of the child’s birth certificate may be required.
- Skiers must be able to leave their parents and be ready to ski without their parents.
- Parents must be comfortable that their children may ride chairlifts alone, with other children, or adults.
- Use of leash or edgie-wedgie or other training aides is not permitted.
- Helmets and eye protection are required for all camp members.
- Please read our chairlift riding policy and review the chairlift safety video.
- There are no make up days if a program cancels due to weather.
|Program||Ages||Drop Off Time||Pick Up Time|
|Saturday All Day||4-13||8:45am leave promptly at 9am||2:30pm|
|Sunday All Day||4-13||8:45am leave promptly at 9am||2:30pm|
|Thursday Morning||3-4||9:15am leave promptly at 9:30am||12pm|
|Thursday Afternoon||5-10||1pm leave promptly at 1:15pm||3:45pm|
Summiteer groups meet outside on the snow underneath the Alpine Meadows Ski & Snowboard School Sign, located to the left of Alpine Kids Camp and above the Kids Camp magic carpet. Groups leave promptly at designated times.
Registration forms need to be completed and returned as soon as possible, but no later than December 1, 2017.
- Please click here to complete the forms if your child(ren) are enrolled in Thursday Summiteers
- Please click here to complete the forms if your child(ren) are enrolled in Saturday or Sunday Summiteers.
After completing the forms, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will need to bring their lunch with their name clearly labeled and will not be able to go to the cafeteria to purchase food. Please take into consideration our lunch room is small, which limits parent visitation. Alpine Kids is not responsible for lunch boxes and they will be available for pickup in the Alpine Kids Camp lobby. Lunch boxes not picked up by end of day will be donated.
The first day and a half is spent getting children into the appropriate groups, which is based on age and ability level. For the remainder of the season, children stay with their designated group. If the coaches and supervisors see a need to adjust a child’s placement, we will move them as necessary. It is very important for attendance to be consistent or your child may have to move groups accordingly or be dropped from the program. Coaches are focused on building technique using appropriate terrain to develop abilities in anticipation of more challenging terrain. Our focus is on skill, using all mountain terrain. Ages 7-12 must be skiing at an intermediate to advanced level.
Chairlift Riding Policy
Be advised that your child may be riding lifts alone or with other children or adults, while enrolled in these programs. Please review the most recent Children’s Chairlift Code of Conduct, and help us to train your child to understand the importance of sitting back, holding on, and no fooling around, while on a lift. Please review our chairlift riding policies
We will run regardless of weather conditions 99% of the time. It is very rare for us to cancel the program due to weather, however, if we need to cancel, we will determine a plan of action that morning. An email will be sent out as late as 8:30am, regarding any changes. Please do not call the supervisor’s office as they have on-hill duties.
It is your responsibility to participate in the days designated for the program. We do not offer makeup days or drop-ins, and you may only participate on the day and time you registered for.
All students must have the following: eye protection, helmet, pass, sunscreen, gloves or mittens, skis and boots, and appropriate snow clothing. Snacks are not provided, so please send a snack in a pocket.
Tips to make your day go smoothly...
- Arrive within the 15 minute drop off time with boots, skis and pass. Be ready to go!
- Sundays are busier than most think, please leave early in anticipation for traffic and parking delays.
- Plan ahead for picking up your pass and rental gear (if you need it).
- Feed your child a healthy breakfast and/or lunch.
- Include a snack in your child’s pocket. Snacks are not provided.
- Remind your child to stay with their group at all times.