Lift tickets and season passes are interchangeable at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows! Take advantage of our free shuttle service to and from both resorts.
Squaw/Alpine Express runs continuously between the base area of Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. Shuttles start running at 8:30am daily and pick up every 20-30 minutes. More frequent on weekends/holidays. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to final departure.
- Leaves Village South Road in front of Squaw Valley Member’s Locker Room 8:30am
- Last bus leaving Squaw Valley 4:30pm
- Last bus leaving Alpine Meadows 4:30pm
- In the interest of safety, children 12 years & under may not ride the Squaw/Alpine Express alone. Children must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or other responsible rider who is at least 13 years old.
SnoVentures Shuttle runs continuously between The Village at Squaw Valley (Member's Locker Room) and SnoVentures Activity Zone. Runs daily.
- Operates 9am-4:15pm daily
- Village South Road in front of Squaw Valley Member’s Locker Room
- In front of SnoVentures Activity Zone
Parking Lot Shuttle
We've made it easy this year to get you and your gear to the Village. Just hop on our shuttle which runs continuously to/from the parking lot to Member’s Circle drop off daily from 9:00-4:15pm.
Squaw Kids Drop Off Zone Update
We've recently upgraded the parking spaces in front of Squaw Kids to improve fire safety and accessibility. This will make the Squaw Kids building entrance more pedestrian friendly by restricting access to only those who need accessible access. With this upgrade we no longer allow drop-off directly in front of Squaw Kids.
Premier Parking Area will be open from 7:30-10am every weekend and holiday (December 20 – January 4; January 19; February 14 – 22)
- Premier Parking is complimentary for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations. Present a Squaw Kids enrollment confirmation to parking attendant.
- Premier Parking is $20
Uber in Tahoe
Whether you’re headed to North Lake, Tahoe City, Truckee, or Tahoe City, you can now count on uberX for a safe, convenient, affordable ride around Lake Tahoe.
- Squaw Valley to Truckee with uberX is $32
- Alpine Meadows to Tahoe City with uberX is $29
Preferred seasonal parking passes gives access to both the upper and lower levels of Squaw Valley's parking structure. Valid summer 2017 and until the end of the 2017-18 winter season. A $50 refundable deposit will be charged for new parking guests for the Transponder at time of pick-up.
|2017-18 Parking Pass||$599|
Have questions? Give us a call at 800-403-0206
Squaw Valley offers valet parking for quick drop off and convenient access to the lifts and the Village during the winter season. Located at the main entrance to Squaw Valley, directly in front of the Tram building, valet parking benefits include:
- Vehicle stays warm, dry and secure in our underground parking facility
- Quick and easy drop-off and pick-up
- Immediate, convenient access to lifts and village for skiing, shopping or dining
Available every Friday, Saturday, Sunday
|Regular Rate||Holiday Rate*|
* Holiday dates are: December 26-31, 2016; January 14-15, 2017; February 18-19, 2017
We have partnered with Protect Our Winters (POW) to offer free premium parking to guests who carpool to the resort with four or more passengers per vehicle. The POW Parking program aligns with the resort’s mission to reduce its carbon footprint, raise awareness about how transportation contributes to climate change, and promote carpooling and efficient transportation within the region.
POW Parking Details
- 110 designated spaces located in the front rows on the southwest side of the parking lot, adjacent to the Village
- Staffed on weekends and self-regulated on weekdays
- 50 spaces located adjacent to the base lodge, available until full on weekends
POW Parking Frequently Asked Questions
What is POW Parking?
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows partnered with Protect Our Winters (POW) to offer free premier
parking to any vehicles with four or more occupants during the winter season. This pilot program is
aimed to reduce indirect carbon emissions from guest transportation and encourage carpooling to the
Where can I find POW Parking facilities?
At Squaw Valley there are 110 available parking spaces, designated as the POW Parking area. This
carpool area is located in the front rows on the southwest side of the parking lot, adjacent to the Village
at Squaw Valley and there will be signage directing carpool vehicles from Squaw Valley Road. At Alpine
Meadows, parking attendants will direct carpool vehicles to 50 premier spots adjacent to the base
lodge on weekends only.
Am I guaranteed a parking spot if I carpool?
The 110 spaces at Squaw Valley and 50 spaces at Alpine Meadows will be open to carpool vehicles
with four or more occupants until they are all filled. Once the premium parking areas meet daily
capacity, all vehicles will be directed to the main parking lots.
When will POW Parking operate?
The POW Parking area at Squaw Valley will be actively managed by staff on weekends, and will be self-regulated during the week. At Alpine Meadows, parking attendants will direct carpool vehicles to the 50 premier spots adjacent to the base lodge on weekends only.
Why is POW Parking only regulated by staff on weekends? Isn’t carpooling important to do all the
In keeping with our regular operations, parking is only fully staffed with attendants on weekends and
holidays. We encourage guests to carpool every day they possibly can and to take advantage of POW
Parking anytime there are four or more passengers in the car, and to respect the POW Parking area
when not carpooling.
Is POW Parking a reaction to heavy traffic?
Efficient transportation to and from the resort has always been a priority for us, and we support local
and regional efforts to improve accessibility. We sponsor regional public transit, with annual
contributions of $65k - $170k to the Free Skier Shuttle and $60k to Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART).
We have provided free TART passes to our employees since 1998, and this year instated a free employee
shuttle to and from Reno on weekends. Finally, the shuttle between Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows
offers a convenient option for guests to travel between the two mountains, which is roughly equivalent
to taking 18 vehicles off the road for an entire year.
How will this affect me if I don’t carpool?
These premier parking places will not be available to you if you do not have four or more people in
your vehicle, but general parking at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows will remain free, and there will
be no change in the actual number of available spaces. POW Parking is essentially a way to reward those
who carpool, without impacting the experience of non-carpooling guests.
If I don’t carpool, can I still valet park or purchase premier parking?
Yes. In addition to free general parking, paid preferred parking will remain available at both Squaw
Valley and Alpine Meadows. Paid Valet parking will remain available at Squaw Valley and paid preferred
parking will remain at Alpine Meadows.
Can I still purchase a seasonal preferred parking pass at Squaw Valley?
Yes. 2016-17 seasonal preferred parking passes at Squaw Valley are on sale here.
RVs & Campers
Overnight parking is permitted in the designated area for a nightly fee. No services are provided.
*Holiday/special event dates include: July 1-4, July 20-23, August 25-27, Sepetember 2-4, and Sepetember 29-October 1, 2017.
- Guests will be directed to the appropriate location by Security or Parking staff
- Guests will read, fill out, and sign a release of liability and be issued a parking permit
- The permit must be displayed from inside the vehicle at all times
- Guests are not permitted to relocate to another location unless authorized by Security or Parking staff
- All fees are due upon arrival
- Guests who fail to adhere to overnight parking rules may forfeit any fees paid
- The overnight parking program may be terminated any time without notice
Call 530-452-7180 and security will direct RVs/campers to appropriate location.
Overnight Parking Rules
- All vehicles must check in with Squaw Valley Security or the Parking Department upon arrival. Call 530-452-7180 or 530-452-7182 and staff will direct vehicle to designated location.
- At least one responsible adult guest per vehicle must read, fill-out and sign the “Squaw Valley® Overnight Parking Release of Liability and Occupancy Agreement”.
- No services are provided at the designated overnight parking location.
- Observe quiet hours between 8pm-8am. No generator use, or other noise, during this period.
- No campfires or other open flames. Flame must be contained within a propane grill or lantern.
- Dogs cannot be left unattended in vehicles for extended period of time. When outside vehicle dogs must be leashed.
- If a large snow storm is forecasted guests may be asked to move off the property for snow removal.
- Length of stay is at the discretion of Squaw Valley Security. No long term parking is allowed.
- The disposal of waste or garbage is not allowed. Absolutely no dumping.
- Illegal dumping, or other violations of law, may result in Squaw Valley Security alerting the Sheriff’s Office.
- Guests who fail to adhere to these rules may be told to leave and forfeit any fees paid.
- This overnight parking program may be terminated at any time without notice.