- What time is it? “It’s Mountain Time” event kicks off World Cup ski season with a celebration for the athletes of tomorrow on Dec. 3 with performance by America’s Got Talent Finalist David Garibaldi
- Welcome to Winter Party on Nov. 26 includes $2 beer benefit stations, live music, raffle, special store features and discounts for 2016-17 Tahoe Super Passholders
- Warren Miller’s Here, There & Everywhere with special performance by Mandolin Orange on Dec. 10
[Olympic Valley, Calif.] Nov. 14, 2016 — Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is rolling out a series of new and signature events to launch the 2016-17 season, including It’s Mountain Time, Welcome to Winter Party, Warren Miller film screenings and Thanksgiving Dinner at High Camp. Skiers and riders of all ability levels can take advantage of special events like the $69 Learn to Ski & Ride Special, Alpenglow Winter Film Series and S.A.F.E. A.S. Women’s Avalanche Safety Clinic.
It’s Mountain Time with David Garibaldi, December 3
In preparation for the arrival of the World Cup at Squaw Valley on March 9-12, 2017, It’s Mountain Time will kick off the World Cup season and celebrate the athletes of tomorrow. Watch America’s Got Talent finalist David Garibaldi’s themed performance where paint, sound and entertainment collide for an entertaining show that has brought people around the world to their feet. In addition, the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Ski Team youth athletes who have been selected to be flag bearers for the World Cup National Anthem Ceremony on March 10 will be announced. Young skiers and riders will enjoy an Après S’mores Party, Mago ChoCho Kids Magic Show and a Disco Dance in Olympic House. A Chili Cook Off to benefit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Foundation will be followed by a performance by Foreverland, a 14-piece Michael Jackson Tribute band, to benefit Creekside Charter School. Click here for more information and the full event lineup.
Welcome to Winter Party, November 26
The Welcome to Winter Party is the perfect opportunity for 2016-17 Tahoe Super Passholders to pick up their passes and take advantage of up to 20% off at 12 participating retailers in The Village at Squaw Valley®. 2$ beer stations benefitting local and regional non-profits will be located throughout the Village as well as raffle prizes and DJ’s. Special in-store features include a complimentary restorative yoga class for passholders at Wanderlust Yoga Studio, poster signing by Olympic gold medalist Jonny Moseley at Parallel Mountain Sports, a meet-and-greet with The North Face Mountain Guides. Click here for more information and the full event lineup.
Women of Patrol Calendar Debut – November 26
Continuing its mission to provide educational opportunities for the local Tahoe community, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announces the new Women of Ski Patrol 2017 Calendar, of which all proceeds will go towards funding avalanche safety education scholarships. The new calendar showcases the 13 female patrollers from the Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows Ski Patrol Teams from the 2015-16 winter season, featuring stunning photography by Keoki Flagg. Calendars can be pre-ordered online now for $25 and will be available at retailers throughout the Village at Squaw Valley®, including Gallery Keoki, for the Thanksgiving holiday. Calendars will also be available for sale at the Tahoe City Visitor Center.
Warren Miller’s Here, There & Everywhere, November 25, 26 and December 10
The 67th annual Warren Miller film, Here, There & Everywhere, features Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows terrain and personality, including narration by Jonny Moseley. The December 10 screening will include a free performance by WinterWonderGrass favorite Mandolin Orange. Click here for more information and full lineup.
Special Events for Skiers and Riders of All Ability Levels
The kick off to the 2016-17 season at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows will include valuable learning opportunities for skiers and riders of all ability levels, including:
- $69 Learn to Ski & Ride Special, December 10 & 11: Learn how to ski or snowboard for just $69 (ages 3+) at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Lessons include a beginner lift ticket, rental equipment and instruction. Click here for more information and to book.
- Alpenglow Winter Film Series, November 17, December 1, January 5 and February 23: Back for its 11th year, the Alpenglow Winter Film Series will be showcasing its best lineup to date with professional athletes like Adrian Ballinger sharing stories of their incredible adventures in the mountains. Click here for more information.
- S.A.F.E. A.S. Women’s Avalanche Safety Clinic, December 10-12: Join a legendary group of professional female athletes and certified AIARE Avalanche Instructors for a day of avalanche safety, skiing and après fun. Click here for more information.
Tahoe Super Pass
Skiers and riders looking to gain access to 6,000 acres, 42 lifts and over 270 trails at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows can purchase the Tahoe Super Pass, starting at $499 for adults.
Holiday Slopeside Lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®
Book your Holiday at The Village at Squaw Valley and stay right in the heart of the action, with direct access to the slopes, world-class shopping, dining, activities and events in the Village. Ski, stay and forget about driving.
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted 2016 ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America by USA Today and 10Best Readers’ Choice, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe that spans over 6,000 skiable acres. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year round with nonstop events and nearly 60 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the spring skiing capital as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, 14 easy-to-navigate mountain zones and a custom app to make the most of every visit. Visit squawalpine.com or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more.
# # #