The Holidays are a festive time at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Here's are top 10 holiday tips to make the most of your Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Vacation.
1. Two Ways to Ski for Less
- Ski for less than $93/day with the Tahoe Super 4 Lift Ticket Pack. No blackout dates.
- Purchase lift tickets at least 2 days in advance of your visit to get our Best Rate Guarantee and save up to $40.
Try before you buy! You can apply the cost of your lift ticket toward the cost of a season pass or Tahoe Super 4 lift ticket pack.
Download the new and improved iPhone and Android Apps to access these features:
- Real-time lift & trail status
- Real-time lift line wait times
- Find your friends on lifts & trails
- Easily purchase and reload discounted lift tickets
- Track performance including lifts/trails skied, vertical feet skied, maximum speed, etc.
- Interactive map
- Current weather & snow report
3. Explore our 14 Easy-to-Navigate Mountain Zones
Check out our 14 mountain zones to help you navigate the mountains and decide where to enjoy your day and exactly how to get there.
- Family Tip: Big Blue zone at Squaw Valley and Blue Room at Alpine Meadows have plenty of family-friendly terrain, groomed runs and easy access to our lodges for a hot chocolate break.
- Your lift ticket or season pass is good at both Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Explore all 14 zones and get between mountains easily with our free Squaw/Alpine Express shuttle.
4. Eat Lunch Before 12pm or After 2pm to Maximize your Time on the Slopes
- Funi's: Located on the upper level of the Gold Coast Complex with great grab-and-go food options.
- Rocker@Squaw: Located in the Village. Enjoy cold beers, kickin' cocktails, and belly satisfying food at this popular restaurant in the Village.
- Meadows Cafe: Located right in Alpine Meadows’ lodge, the Meadows Café offers up exactly what any hungry skier or snowboarder is looking for – only better. 1/2lb Certified Angus Beef Burgers, personal pizzas and full soup and salad bar.
5. Download the Funitel or Aerial Tram at the End of the Day
If you are ending your day at Squaw Valley we recommend downloading the Funitel or Aerial Tram from our upper mountain. It's relaxing and will give you more time on the mountain.
6. Plenty of Fun Off the Slopes
- Wanderlust Yoga Studio: Stretch with us after your day on the slopes. The Wanderlust Yoga Studio encourages all guests to strengthen their mind, body and spirit. Drop in on any class at Wanderlust Yoga Studio.
- SnoVentures Activity Zone: SnoVentures is Squaw Valley's family fun zone with snow tubing, mini snowmobiles and a lodge with firepits for roasting marshmallows.
- Trilogy Spa: Unwind at Trilogy Spa with a pedicure, massage, or skin treatment. Seasonal and daily specials available.
7. Where to Enjoy Apres Ski & Beat the Traffic
- Alpine Meadows: Grab a hot cocoa or beer at the Last Chair Bar in the Main Lodge. Stay cozy inside or bring your beverages out to the sundeck and huddle up by the firepit.
- Squaw Valley: With so much apres in The Village, we chose our 5 favorites. Check out the Squaw Valley Apres Guide.
8. Getting Around
- Squaw/Alpine Express: Your lift ticket or season pass is good at both Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. Take the free shuttle that runs continuously between the bases for convenient transport between mountains.
- SnoVentures Shuttle: SnoVentures Shuttle runs continuously between The Village at Squaw Valley (Member's Locker Room) and SnoVentures Activity Zone.
- Free Ski Shuttles: TART's free shuttles for north shore and Truckee ski resorts and communities will offer weekend and holiday service between December 16 to March 25.
- Carpool and rideshare. Several groups, such as Snowbomb.com and Zimride.com offer carpool and rideshare information.
- Premier Parking for Squaw Kids: Complimentary Premier Parking is available for Squaw Kids guests with advanced reservations.
- Uber in Tahoe: Whether you're headed to North Lake, Tahoe City, Truckee or Tahoe City, you can now count on uberX for a safe, convenient, affordable ride around Lake Tahoe.
9. Store Your Gear
Daily and weekly lockers make for easy storage of extra clothing and gear with unlimited access throughout the day. Available at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.
10. Stay the Night
Stay in The Village at Squaw Valley and you'll be just steps from the lifts, shopping, dining and après. Our condominium style suites each have a fireplace, kitchen, and private balcony. Our guests can relax in one of our 8 outdoor hot tubs, roast marshmallows at our firepits, and enjoy discounted lift tickets. Book online or call (866) 818-6963.