Spring is officially here! At Squaw and Alpine, we love springtime. Sunshine, corn cycles, longer days, the Sundeck, live music, killer events, and so much more. Yes, spring in the high Sierra is something to celebrate. Even better, you can ski & ride for FREE this spring when you purchase your 2018-19 Ikon Pass! So why come and enjoy springtime in the mountains with us? Here are our top 5 reasons to visit Squaw & Alpine:
- Best Spring Conditions: With nearly 19 feet of snow in March (and another 20" so far in April), the skiing and riding at Squaw & Alpine is the best in Tahoe! From groomers to parks to bumps and steeps, there’s something for everyone on the mountain right now. Temperatures have been dropping overnight, keeping the snow in great shape and giving us fast groomers in the morning with fun corn in the afternoon. Did we mention we mention we're staying open for skiing and riding thru Memorial Day Weekend? (weather and conditions permitting)
Inside tip: In the spring, we recommend following the sun to get the most out of your day. South facing slopes warm first in the morning sun, so start out skiing on lifts like Gold Coast or Big Blue. As the day (and your legs) warm up, check out Shirley, Siberia and Headwall. Trails off these lifts take a little longer to loosen up but when they do – they can’t be beat. Our favorite during this time of year is Sun Bowl located right off the top of Headwall lift. Great pitch and soft snow!
- High Camp Hot Tub: What’s better than riding all morning then soaking in a hot tub at 8,200’ in the afternoon? Nothing. After years of careful study, we’re pretty sure there’s absolutely nothing better than being able to sit in a mountaintop hot tub after taking some runs. We recommend wearing a bathing suit from now until the end of the season. You never know when you’ll want to take a dip!
- Lively Spring Events: Live music, The 28th Annual Cushing Crossing, Snow Golf, Passholder Parties and much more. We have a stacked schedule coming up with fun events for everyone! Check out our event calendar to see what’s coming up next!
- Dress up weekends: We’re so stoked on spring here at the Spring Skiing Capital, we want to celebrate every weekend. Break out your funkiest attire to match the theme of the weekend. Check out the themes here.
Inside Tip: Are you a passholder at another resort? When you flash your other resort season pass, you get a discounted $89 lift ticket. And this sweet deal is good through the end of the season!
- Après: Ahhh, après. The sweet, sweet feeling of relaxing with friends and family, food and drinks after exploring the mountain. Need we say more? Don’t miss some of our favorite watering holes like Rocker, KT Base Bar and Le Chamois.
So there you have it: The top five reasons to come visit us this spring. We know the weather has been more like winter recently, but that’s just another reason to love spring in the Sierra: powder! Whether it’s sunny or snowy, conditions are great. See you on the slopes!