Michelle Parker grew up in Truckee, CA skiing at Squaw Valley. By 15, she realized that she wasn’t passionate about racing, but rather freeskiing. She competed in slopestyle and halfpipe events in the U.S. Open and X Games for a few years, but ended up dedicating herself to big mountain terrain. She is now one of the most versatile female skiers in the world, and has appeared in many films, winning Best Female Performance at the 2013 Powder Video Awards and the International Freeski Film Festival for her contribution to Matchstick Productions’ Superheroes of Stroke.
Off the mountain, Parker is also very engaged, co-founding S.A.F.E.A.S. (Skiers Advocating and Fostering Education for Avalanche and Snow Safety) which aims to heighten community snow safety and avalanche awareness. She is also a board member of the High Fives Foundation, which helps winter athletes with life-altering injuries achieve their goals and raises awareness for injury prevention on the slopes.
Race Results and Accolades
- 1st place: 2009 Aspen Open
- 2nd place: 2007 US Freeskiing Open (Slopestyle)
- 3rd place: 2009 US Freeskiing Open (Slopestyle)
- 3rd place: 2011 & 2013 Red Bull Cold Rush
- Best Female Performance: 2013 Powder Video Awards
- Best Female Performance: International Freeski Film Festival
Explore Michelle's adventures at Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows on Instagram and Twitter