Getting to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows has never been easier! The Reno Tahoe International Airport (RNO) operates 72 daily departures nonstop to 14 cities, and there are a multitude of transportation options once you are here. If you're driving, we're 42 miles from Reno, 96 miles from Sacramento or 196 miles from San Francisco via all-weather I-80.
Estimated Travel Times
Chicago: 4 hours
Dallas: 3.5 hours
Denver: 2 hours
Houston: 5 hours
LA: 1.5 hours
Las Vegas: 1.5 hours
Minneapolis: 3.5 hours
Phoenix: 2 hours
Portland: 1.5 hours
Salt Lake City: 4.5 hours
San Diego: 1.5 hours
San Francisco: 1 hours
San Jose: 1 hours
Seattle: 2 hours
LA: 7.5 hours
Reno: 1 hours
Sacramento: 2 hours
San Diego: 10 hours
San Francisco: 4 hours
San Jose: 4.5 hours
Detailed Directions and Information
The closest airport to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows is Reno, just an hours drive or shuttle ride away. You can also fly into Sacramento (2 hour drive) or San Fransisco (3 hour drive). The following taxis and shuttles provide ground transport from Reno:
- North Lake Tahoe Express | 530-584-3922 | http://transit.activitytickets.com
- Anytime Taxi | 530-414-4187
- FAST TAXI Airport Shuttle | 530-583-6699 or 800-977-TAXI
- Resort at Squaw Creek Transportation | 530-581-6628
If you're coming from the Tahoe area, Sacramento, or San Francisco, there are shuttle bus options to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows:
- Free Ski Shuttle North Tahoe - Free skier shuttle running on weekends/holidays December 20, 2014-April 4, 2015. Shuttle runs along the North Shore of Lake Tahoe with drop off/pick up at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Call 800-736-6365 for information or view the schedule
- Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART). Service running daily from Truckee and Tahoe City to Squaw Valley. Available 7 days a week - $1.75. Call 530-550-1212 for information or View Full TART Schedule. You can also download NextBus, an app that tracks TART buses in real time.
- North Lake Tahoe Water Shuttle services the North and West shore's of Lake Tahoe. Catch a ride between Carnelian Bay and Homewood. Operates during the summer only. Call 530-581-8707 for information, fares and reservations or View Water Shuttle Schedule/Reservations Info
- Alpine Adventures: The Sacramento Area premier ski bus since 1965. Offering bus service to Squaw Valley and Alpine meadows with hot beverages, pastries, and après ski beverages and goodies.
Bay Area Buses
- Bay Area Ski Bus: Ski Tour Operator offering bus service to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows. We operate fun, safe bus trips for Adults, Teens, Families and all types of groups. Easy, convenient and safe. Call 925-680-4386 or email Bay Area Ski Bus to book your next ski trip.
- North American Charter Ski: Brining skiers and snowboarders to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows on eco-friendly luxury coaches. Call 925-230-2086 to book your next ski trip.