Six restaurants and six bands face off for the ultimate supremacy for “Best Wings” and “Best Band.” Restaurants will battle for the Wing vs. Wing Champion Trophy and bands will battle for a $250 cash prize, in addition to bragging rights.
- Upon entry with a five dollar donation guests will receive tokens which allow them to place votes fortheir favorite wings and favorite band. Winners for “Best Wings” and “Best Band” will be chosen by popular vote.
- The donation gains access to special pricing of four wings for five dollars, group package pricing on wings, drinks specials at the restaurants in the Village and entry into a raffle.
- Tickets and drink specials at the TINS bar are available starting at 4:30pm.
- Additional voting tokens can be purchased at the registration booth to help push your favorites to the top.
- Each restaurant will be cooking their own signature recipes for spicy, flavor-packed chicken wings and joining forces with the region’s best bands to crank the contest to the max.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Tahoe Institute for Natural Science (TINS) a non-profit dedicated to advancing the natural history, conservation, and ecosystem knowledge of the Tahoe region through science, education and outreach. TINS’ education programs benefit more than 6000 students each year. The signature event is part of Piranga, a TINS legacy event that begins with a corporate competition (The Company Picnic) in the afternoon and finishes with Guitar Strings vs. Chicken Wings in the evening. Last year, Guitar Strings vs. Chicken Wings raised nearly $5,000 for the Tahoe Institute for Natural Science. There is a $5 entry donation.