A battle of epic proportions! 6 restaurants and 5 bands will go head-to-head in The Village at Squaw Valley to benefit the Tahoe Institute for Natural Sciences (TINS). Each restaurant will be cooking their own signature recipes for spicy, flavor-packed chicken wings, and joining forces with the region’s best bands to crank the contest to the max. Chicken and music lovers are not going to want to miss a single stop on this around-the-valley face off.
|Drop Theory||6-7pm, 8-9pm||22 Bistro|
|Matt Reardon & Friends||6-7pm, 8-9pm||Mamasake|
|Space Heaters||7-8pm, 9-10pm||Rocker@Squaw|
|Coburn Station||7-8pm, 9-10pm||Fireside Pizza|
|Electric Jimmy||7-8pm, 9-10pm||The Auld Dubliner|
*New this year, Cornice Cantina will battle for best wings from a convenient location in the Village and their restaurant will be the place to either cool down or heat back up, with more live music offered after the event is over.
- Entry is a $5 donation to Tahoe Institute of Natural Sciences (TINS), a local member-supported nonprofit organization seeking to advance the natural history, conservation and ecosystem knowledge of the Tahoe region through science, education and outreach
- Registration to vote will begin at 5:30 pm in the Events Plaza
- 4 wings for $5, plus beer & drink specials at each restaurant and TINS bar in the Events Plaza
- Restaurants will battle for the Wing vs. Wing Champion Trophy
- Bands will battle for $250 in gift certificates plus bragging rights
Those who think they can handle the heat, spice and flavor, will not want to miss Guitar Strings vs. Chicken Wings on Friday, Sept. 11 for the best fight to the finish.