Geocachers can ride Squaw Valley's scenic Aerial Tram up to High Camp, el. 8200 feet, to find 10 caches hidden among the mountain's peaks using GPS coordinates or Squaw’s pre-programmed GPS units. Guest should allow 3+ hours to discover all boxes. Hiking ability range from moderate to above moderate.
How Geocaching Works
- Download Geocaching App
- Download Geocache Coordinates "Passport" or get a printed copy from the Guest Services info desk at High Camp
- Geocaching is free with your Aerial Tram ticket or 2015-16 Tahoe Super Pass.
- Find as many of the 10 geocaches as you can.
- Each cache contains a prize and log sheet for you to sign.
- For each cache that you find record the box number and code number in your passport.
- Turn in your passport for discounts at the High Camp retail shop or The North Face or other participating Squaw Valley retail stores