The Broken Arrow Skyrace, presented by Salomon, is California's official Skyrunning event. The three-day event consists of three iconic distances showcasing the beauty of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra and a unique style of mountain running characterized by off-trail scrambling on steep terrain with massive amounts of vertical gain and loss at altitude. Elite and recreational participants will experience an unforgettable trail running experience "where the mountains meet the sky" and then celebrate together with first-class food, craft beer, music, films and fun activities for the whole family.
- The race will start in Squaw Valley and romp through the mountainous terrain surrounding the area
- Participants can register for one of 4 distances
The Broken Arrow Skyrace will have 4 distances:
New for 2018, a 10K! If you are just getting into trail running, this is your race!
- 10k distance with over 2,000' elevation gain. The race in the The Village and ends at the top of Snow King Peak.
- “VK” or vertical kilometer distance that is 3-3.5 miles and gains approximately 3,200' elevation. This race ends at the top of a mountain.
- 52k distance with over 10,000' elevation gain. This race follows a loop course and will start and finish in Squaw Valley.
- 26k distance with over 5,000' elevation gain. This race follows a loop course and will start and finish in Squaw Valley.