Back for its 12th year, the Alpenglow Winter Film Series presented by Davis Reed Construction will be showcasing the outdoor industry's most respected athletes. Hear from these professionals as they share stories of their incredible adventures in the mountains. Many of these shows are a rare opportunity to meet and hear from these talented athletes. Doors open at 7pm at the Olympic Village Lodge and shows are free.
"The Winter Film Series is an eagerly anticipated 12-year-old tradition for North Lake Tahoe's skiing, climbing and adventure community. The Series which has grown into the premier speaker series in North America, is designed to insprie, motivate and educate the North Lake Tahoe mountain community." - Brendan Madigan, Owner Alpenglow Sports, Inc.
This event has raised over $120,000 for local non-profits in the North Lake Tahoe community. This year's beneficiaries for the upcoming 2017-18 season include; the Tahoe Backcountry Alliance, Sierra Avalanche Center, Tahoe Nordic Search & Rescue, Tahoe Food Hub, Truckee Taoe Humane Society and Squaw Dogs.
|November 16||Dave Nettle|
|December 7||Adrian Ballinger & Cory Richards|
|January 4||Chris Burkard|
|February 8||Hilaree O'Neill|
|February 22||Barry Blanchard|
- Lake Tahoe local, professional climber and adventurer
- Co-Founder and annual kick-off presenter
- Traditional crowd favorite
Adrian Ballinger & Cory Richards
- High Altitude Eddie Bauer athletes
- Notable Feature #1: CBS Coverage of Everest Ascent with no Oxygen
- Notable Feature #2: #EverstNoFilter
- Accomplisehed explorer, photographer, creative director, speaker and author
- TED Talks with Chris Burkard
- Professional ski mountaineer and athlete for The North Face
- Celebrated for being the first woman to summit Everest and it's neighbor peak Lhotse in a single 24-hr period
- Notable Feature: The North Face: Your Land
- Professional alpine climber known for technical high-risk climbs in the Canadian Rockies and Himalayas
- First ascent of Infinite Patience on the Emperor Face of Mt. Robson, Canada
- Patagonia presents The Calling: A life Rocked by Mountains by Barry Blanchard