Learn to be an Instructor
We offer innovative terrain based beginner programs and an incredible playground for all levels of skiers, taught by industry leaders. We are hiring people with a passion for snowsports; someone who counts the number of days they ski on more than two hands. If this sounds like you, come join our team.
- No prior teaching experience needed
- Intermediate skiers and above welcome
- Desire to work with kids (ages 3 yrs and older) in small groups
- Enjoys working outdoors on the snow for 6-8 hours a day; standing, walking; skiing
- Communicates a passion for the sport
- Available to work a minimum of 21 days for the winter season, including Holidays and weekends
- Indoor/outdoor support staff positions available. Duties include rental shop tech, boot fitting, operating Magic Carpets, supervising children, on-snow support, set-up and tear down, and chairlift riding support.
- The extraordinary experience you will have while working in our renowned Squaw Kids/ Alpine Kids Ski and Snowboard School! This exciting and energetic team is made up of diverse fun-loving people from all over the world!
- The feeling of satisfaction as you watch your students learn, progress, and develop a passion for the sport!
- Working in a beautiful outdoor environment with lake views, fresh power, and crisp blue skies… it beats an office job any day!
- Free ski pass for you and your legal dependents at Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. You may be teaching on beginner terrain, but you have access to over 6,000 skiable acres, 43 lifts, 270+ trails to explore and enjoy!
- Take your skiing to the next level. We offer riding, teaching and technical training to those that want to earn PSIA & AASI certifications. (www.psia-w.org) Our clinics include PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2, 3, Children’s Specialist, Senior Specialist and Avalanche & Freestyle accreditations.
- Daily skiing/riding/teaching clinics include topics for Alpine, Nordic, and Snowboard disciplines.
Interested? Apply Now for Non-Certified Instructor!
- Send a one page resume & letter of reference to Karen Roske, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hiring managers will contact applicants throughout the summer.
- Positions will be posted on our website June 16 so make sure to check back to apply!
- Learn from the experts at Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, and experience extraordinary.
For information on relocating to the area, please check out our first timer's guide.